COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 17, 2016
Fresh Ways To Handle Halitosis
What dentists call halitosis is simply bad breath. Do you suffer from this embarrassment and don’t know how to handle it? Use these helpful tips to treat and beat bad breath.
What To Blame for Bad Breath
Family dentistry experts warn that improper oral hygiene is often the root of halitosis. Maybe you’ve slacked on regular oral hygiene, have developed dental decay, or just have unhealthy habits. The result of all these actions is ongoing bad breath. To help you uncover the reason for your problem, read the main causes of halitosis:
- Poor brushing and flossing, which leaves food particles in the mouth that breed bacteria
- Not visiting an affordable dentist for check-ups and cleanings on a regular basis
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Oral yeast infections
Best Ways To Beat Bad Breath
For many people, halitosis can be completely reversed with better oral hygiene. That’s because oral bacteria is often to blame, which results from poor dental habits. If you don’t deal with the cause of your halitosis, it can lead to larger problems that require great cost and many visits to your family dentistry clinic. To say goodbye to bad breath for good, follow these proven tips:
- Brush at least twice a day, or more as recommended.
- Floss every day.
- Brush your tongue to remove built-up bacteria.
- See an affordable dentist twice a year for check-ups and cleanings.
- Rinse with an anti-bacterial mouthwash after eating odor-inducing foods including garlic and onions.
- Stop smoking.
- Discuss your medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to determine if they’re causing bad breath.
- Have tooth decay and gum disease immediately treated at your family dentistry clinic.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Shelton, call Huntington Family Dental Group today at (203) 916-1173 or make an appointment.
Huntington Family Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Shelton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Huntington Family Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Huntington Family Dental Group.